I know it probably isn’t the best topic to post about after a heavy Christmas break full of food…BUT I made some amazing dark chocolate & dark cherry brownies and wanted to share the love!
If you are worried about how many calories there are in these brownies…maybe just look away now?
- 150g dark chocolate
- 115g salted butter
- 225g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200g frozen dark cherries (available in frozen sections of most large Sainsburys and Tesco stores)
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Grease a baking tin, medium sized – 20 x 30 cm is ideal.
- Get a cup full of the frozen cherries and leave to the side for now.
- Break the solid dark chocolate into pieces.
- Place in a small heat-proof bowl.
- Melt the solid dark chocolate in the bowl over a pan of simmering water on the hob (medium heat..let’s not burn the poor chocolate).
- Next on the list is to get mixing the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Then stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla extract also.
- Keep Mixing!
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture and stir in.
- Following this then add the flour and cocoa powder in gradually whilst still stirring.
- Final stages now!
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Now get your frozen cherries and cut them into quarters and get them mixed in!
- Once you’re happy with the consistency of the mixture (no lumps!) you can move on to the next stage.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-greased baking tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Cut into pieces and ENJOY!
- Maybe enjoy with some ice cream! 🙂
This is what my creations turned out like: